- 21 Apr 2020
- Model Factory
Are we an Agency?
No, ModelFactory is not an agency, and will not act as an agent on your behalf.
ModelFactory is a marketplace that allows talent to connect directly to casting opportunities, and deal directly with casting professionals.
We don't take a commission or charge a booking fee for any work that is booked via our site.
Members submit themselves for opportunities, and are responsible for discussing and agreeing on any payment or processing of payment with the individual Casting Professional who is arranging the job. ModelFactory does not set payment rates, invoice for members or process payment related to bookings.
Is work guaranteed?
No. In the entertainment industry, no one can guarantee you work, and you should be wary of anyone who does make these kinds of promises.
ModelFactory is not responsible for choosing the talent booked for roles – the Casting Professional who places the listing selects who they would like to audition/ book.
What we can do is help to give you the best possible chance to land a role. We do this by providing great resources – start with our 5 steps to success!
Find Classes For Modeling.
5 Habits Actors Need to Get Cast
Working in the entertainment industry can be tough.
Do you wonder if you’re on the right track? Does it feel like other people land roles, but not you?
Here at ModelFactory, we’re lucky enough to see lots of talented members land auditions and jobs and we’ve noticed one thing they all have in common:
They apply for jobs. A lot of jobs. ModelFactory members who apply for the most jobs, secure the most jobs. Simple as that.
Here’s 5 habits our most successful members have, that you can copy right now:
- APPLY: Be super pro-active. Apply for jobs regularly and keep going – it’s normal not to be cast in every job you apply for.
- CHECK YOUR MATCHING JOBS: Apply for jobs that suit you – don’t go applying for that role as the grandma if you’re 16 years old. Check your matching jobs and apply for what suits you.
- HAVE A HEADSHOT: A good clear snapshot to get you started is fine and much better than nothing. Check out our advice on great headshots here.
- GIVE GREAT INTROS: Nail that application message – keep it short and if you’re perfect for the role, tell them why: ‘Hi, I’m Monika, and I own a horse and own 2 dogs, so I think I’d be perfect for the commercial where you need someone great with animals’.
- CHECK YOUR MESSAGES: Reply to messages straight away – don’t miss out if a Casting Professional is trying to reach you – check your messages!
To make these habits your own, set yourself the challenge to apply to 5 castings a month and watch what happens.
Get going now and start applying!